Magnus is a photoblogging WordPress theme named after the latin word for Grand. It was made to showcase photos in a big and bold way, making the featured image on each post span the full width of the browser window, paired up with beautiful typography and a carefully planned layout.
Download Magnus (on WordPress.org Themes)
Frequently Asked Questions
Header and Featured Images
Magnus was made to take advantage of featured images, it’s recommended that you upload higher quality images at least 2000px wide. If no featured image exists, Magnus defaults to it’s primary dark color for the background of the header area. You can also upload a Header Image in “Appearance” > “Header Image” to serve as a default for a page, post, or archive without featured image.
Magnus supports two theme locations:
- The Primary Sidebar Navigation, that is displayed on the sidebar drawer, shown when clicking the “hamburger” icon on the top-left;
- Header Quick Navigation, that is displayed on the top-left, before the “hamburger” icon. This menu will only display up to three items. If you chose to not add anything there, it won’t be displayed.
- Magnus WordPress Theme, Copyright (C) 2013-2016, Hugo Baeta, GPLv2 or later
- Contributors to the theme can be found on Github
- Based on Underscores, (C) 2012-2016 Automattic, Inc., GPLv2 or later
- normalize.css, (C) 2012-2016 Nicolas Gallagher and Jonathan Neal, MIT
- Theme screenshot uses photography by Will Langenberg, from Unsplash